Procedure for Request and Approval of Faculty & Staff Exemption
Please read this page in its entirety before you call or email.
Texas A&M University Staff and Faculty who are located in College Station and who are budgeted for at least 50% effort (including those with joint appointments) are exempt from paying:
- student center complex fee
- recreational sports fee
- health center fee
All military personnel assigned to full-time Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) duty in the military science department at Texas A&M University, who enroll as students will be granted the same exemption as is granted to the full-time employees (System regulation 26.01.2.1). This exemption does not include civilian personnel in the ROTC.
Staff and Faculty who choose to claim this exemption forego the privilege of using the services provided by these fees, and may not choose to pay for specific services at student rates.
- Only Texas A&M University employee sand Military Personnel Staff assigned to full-time Reserves Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) are entitled to the exemption. Employees of the Texas A&M University System and its components, the Research Foundation, Association of Former Students, Aggie Club or the U.S.D.A.,TAES,TEES and TTI, do not qualify for the exemption.
- The exemption is limited to six hours of coursework.
- The exemption applies to all types of registered hours regardless of type, i.e. "Research".
- Class attendance must not interfere in any way with the accomplishment of the employees' duties or the work of the employing department and the employee must work the full number of hours for which they are paid. (System Regulation 31.99.01)
- All requests will be audited against Payroll records.
- Exemption requests must be submitted prior to the 12th class day for fall, spring or 10 wk summer semester, or the 4th class day of a summer term to be eligible for the waiver.
To apply for a Staff/Faculty Exemption, print and complete this form and submit it to the Student Accounts Office in the GSC, Suite 2801..
If you still have questions, contact Customer Service at 847-3337, or email SBS at firstname.lastname@example.org.