- TWAPMTS Schedule
- Current Semester Dates
- Late Payments - Paper IDT Process
- Late Assistantship NR Tuition Waivers - OGAPS Approval Required
- Audit for Assistantship NR Tuition Waivers
- Audit for Departmental Payments of Tuition/Fees
- Requests to Pay Student Account Charges Between Campuses (CS, GV & HSC)
- Assistantship NR Tuition Waivers for Spouses or Dependents of Graduate Assistants
- Requesting Access to the Compass TWAPMTS Form
- TWAPMTS Training
- Assistantship NR Tuition Waiver/Exemption Residency Codes
- FAMIS Account Information for TWAPMTS Process
- FAMIS Object Code List for TWAPMTS Process
- Requests for Return of Funds
- Additional Form Information
- Compass TWAPMTS and Assistantship NR Waiver Reports
TWAPMTS access will be available at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 6th. Please use your NET ID and password to access the system. Please email all questions or issues concerning TWAPMTS to TWAPMTS@tamu.edu.
|OPEN TWAPMTS||Friday, January 6th||Payments will be processed Monday through Friday.|
|PWT_029 Reports||Monday, January 9th||PWT_029 assistantship NR tuition waiver audit reports will begin generating daily through the close of TWAPMTS.|
|CLOSE TWAPMTS||Friday, February 10th||Last day to process payments. Please be sure to audit your payments before 5:00 pm.|
Assistantship NR Tuition Waiver Audit Begins
|Monday, February 13th||Review students who appear on the pwt_029_XX_waiv_assist_notelig report dated Monday, February 13th.|
|Late Payments||Monday, February 13th||All payments submitted after TWAPMTS close must be completed with the Paper IDT Process (see below).|
|Late Assistantship NR Tuition Waivers||Monday, February 13th||All waivers not entered prior to the close of TWAPMTS must be submitted through OGAPS (see Late Waivers section below).|
|Assistantship NR Tuition Waiver Audit Ends||Monday, February 20th||Documentation of eligibility due to SBS by 5:00 pm for students on the pwt_029_xx_waiv_assist_notelig report as of Monday, February 20th.|
|Estimated FAMIS Processing||Saturday, February 25th||Estimated date payments will be submitted to FAMIS|
Please click here for a pdf version of the schedule.
The IDT form is located on our website at: SSB Third Party IDT Form
The IDT form instructions are located on our website at: SSB Third Party IDT Instructions
***Please send IDT’s to TWAPMTS@tamu.edu
Please visit the OGAPS website at http://ogaps.tamu.edu/Buttons/Forms-Information#0-TuitionWaiver for guidelines and forms to submit requests for assistantship NR tuition waivers after the close of TWAPMTS on Friday, February 10th.
Assistantship NR tuition waiver audit reports are available through ePrint starting on Monday, January 9th. These reports are available for you to review and make adjustments in TWAPMTS as necessary through the close of TWAPMTS on Friday, February 10th. Report names are pwt_029_XX_waiv_assist_notelig and pwt_029_XX_waiv_assist_review.
The audit process will begin Monday, February 13th. Review students who appear on the pwt_029_XX_waiv_assist_notelig report for Monday, February 13th. These students will have their assistantship NR tuition waiver removed after the 20th class day if documentation of eligibility is not received by SBS.
SBS will need to receive documentation of eligibility no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 20th.
***PLEASE AUDIT YOUR PAYMENTS AND MAKE ANY CORRECTIONS PRIOR TO TWAPMTS CLOSING***
Estimated FAMIS processing date is Saturday, February 25th.
For additional TWAPMTS information:
Please visit our website: http://sbs.tamu.edu/accounts-billing/for-departments-twapmts/
Or search ‘TWAPMTS’ in Aggie Answers: https://tamusbs.custhelp.com/app/answers/list
Requests to Pay Student Account Charges Between College Station (Part 02), Galveston (Part 10) and HSC (Part 23)
Because we are unable process IDTs between FAMIS system parts, you cannot use TWAPMTS to enter payments for students attending another campus. If you would like to pay for a student attending classes at one of the three campuses listed above from an account that is NOT the same system part, we will need to send you an invoice. To initiate this process, please complete the Specialized Student Billing-TWAPMTS form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will enter the payment on the students account and send you an invoice for the amount owed. Invoices are sent after the 20th class day of the Fall and Spring semesters, and after the 15th class day during the second Summer session.
When entering exemptions for a spouse or dependent of the employee hired on the assistantship in TWAPMTS, enter a new record on the Exemption tab with the UIN of the spouse or dependent. Check the 'Sp/Dep Indicator' and enter the Employee UIN. The Employee UIN must not match the Student UIN if the Sp/Dep Indicator is checked.
Please NOTE: If the spouse or dependent is enrolled at a different campus from the employee (i.e. Your graduate assistant is enrolled in College Station courses and employed by College Station and their spouse is enrolled in HSC courses.), the waiver will need to be approved through OGAPS. Please complete and submit the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Spouse/Dependent Request form.
- To request access to the Compass TWAPMTS Form users must have a COMPASS Account.
- The user must complete Tuition, Waivers, and Payments (TWAPMTS) Form training. This training can be found in TrainTraq (Course #2111620).
- The user and the department must complete and sign the Tuition, Waivers & Payment Form.
- The users' college or division must have a signed MOU with Student Business Services. For more prerequisite information, click here.
Completing the Access Form
The Tuition, Waivers and Payment Form (TWAPMTS) is now available in the PAA Channel in Howdy. Your PAA can download the form and then acquire the necessary signatures to get access COMPASS access to the form.
- Go to the Employee tab
- Primary Authorizing Agent channel (accessible only by PAAs)
- Forms link
- Tuition Waivers & Payment Form (TWAPMTS)
- Be sure to select at least one Faculty Attribute
The TWAPMTS Update Access form should be signed by:
- The user
- The users' Business Assistant Dean or TAMU Division
- The users' Primary Authorizing Agent (PAA) for their department or college
The TWAPMTS Access form should be sent by the PAA to Student Business Services at email@example.com or MS 6001 along with either the training certificate or TrainTraq transcript showing completion of Tuition, Waivers, and Payments (TWAPMTS) Form (Course #2111620).
Questions regarding TWAPMTS can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Through TrainTraq
Follow these steps to access the online training:
- Log in to Single Sign On https://sso.tamus.edu/Logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
Choose 2111620 : COMPASS - Tuition, Waivers, and Payments (TWAPMTS) Form - SBS
- Select 2111620: COMPASS-Tuition, Waivers, and Payments (TWAPMTS) form - SBS
- When you complete the training print the certificate, attach it to the Tuition, Waivers & Payment Form and route it for authorized signatures.
Non-Resident – Eligible for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
|P||Non-resident, Not ST Fund, < 7 yrs||PhD||exceeded 99 hrs, but less or equal to than 7 yrs, so not charged for excessive hours. Waiver is for Graduate Assistantship waiver|
|I||International||All||waiver is for Graduate Assistantship|
|N||Non-resident||All||waiver is for Graduate Assistantship|
|K||Intl, Not ST Funded, < 7 yrs||PhD||exceeded 99 hrs, but less or equal to than 7 yrs, so not charged for excessive hours. Waiver is for Graduate Assistantship waiver|
Non-resident students being charged non-funded tuition due to excessive hours are not eligible for waivers of non-resident tuition (Texas Education Code 54.2002). Restricting eligibility to the residency codes P, I, N, and K ensures that the university is only granting non-resident waivers to students who meet this requirement.
Departmental payments may be processed using the following Part 02, 10 and 23 FAMIS accounts. These accounts will automatically be loaded daily before 8:00 a.m. into the COMPASS TWAPMTS tables that are used to store FAMIS account information. The Function Code for a FAMIS account can be viewed on Screen 006 in FAMIS. If a newly created FAMIS account does not appear automatically within 2 business days, email email@example.com.
|Function Code||Account Range Noted on FAMIS Screen|
|70||ALL Accounts for Part 02, 10 and 23|
|60||ALL Accounts for Part 02, 10 and 23|
|15||ALL Accounts for Part 02, 10 and 23|
Note: FAMIS account information will be uploaded to COMPASS daily around 7:00 am. Users should be able to access their accounts around 8:00 am the next business day for new accounts added to FAMIS or manually to the SBS files.
FAMIS Object Codes
|5910||Scholarships - Undergraduate||UG||Use this code for payments processed for undergraduate students.|
|5915||Scholarships - Graduate||GR||Use this code for payments processed for graduate students|
|6032||Grants - Student Tuition & Fees||All||Use this code for payments process using FAMIS accounts that start with a Four (4).|
If any changes to a student account have occurred which have resulted in funds needing to be returned to the departmental FAMIS account, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|College Code (2 letters)|
|Department Code (4 letters)|
|Department Contact Name (person requesting)|
|Department Mail Stop|
|Date Payment was Taken from FAMIS Account|
|FAMIS Account Number (return of funds should be deposited in)|
|Reason Requesting Return of Funds|
Please visit Aggie Answers for FAQs regarding TWAPMTS. You can type in "TWAPMTS" and click Search or choose Advanced Search and click the TWAPMTS topic under Student Business Services to view all answers related to TWAPMTS.
Your PAA (Primary Authorizing Agent) can request access to the Security Group for your college/department listed below. This request is submitted as a Compass Access Request in the PAA channel.
- Go to the Employee tab
- Primary Authorizing Agent channel (only accessible by PAAs)
- Compass Account Request
- Use at least one of the COMPASS Security Groups listed below and submit the request.
- The request will be routed to SBS for approval and then to EIS.
COMPASS Security Groups
|BT||Biosciences and Technology||G_STAR_92_CLBT_Rpts_Bioscitech|
|GB||George Bush||G_STAR_44_BUSH_Rpts_Geo Bush|
|LA||Liberal Arts||G_STAR_48_CLLA_Rpts_Lib_ Art|
|VM||Vet Medicine||G_STAR_62_CLVM_Rpts_Vet Medici
TWAPMTS Departmental Payment Reports
- CS Batch report that shows all TWAPMTS data including Degree Type, Credit hours, Graduation status, AR contract amount and AR contract balance. Report Name: pwt_036_CS_twapmts_trans_batch
- GV Batch report that shows all TWAPMTS data including Degree Type, Credit hours, Graduation status, AR contract amount and AR contract balance. Report Name: pwt_036_GV_twapmts_trans_batch
- HC Batch report that shows all TWAPMTS data including Degree Type, Credit hours, Graduation status, AR contract amount and AR contract balance. Report Name: pwt_036_HC_twapmts_trans_batch
- TWAPMTS Audit including COMPASS and BPP data. Report Name: pwt_184_twapmts_idt_payment_College Code
- Invalid account report. Department audit of TWAPMS accounts no longer valid for process. Important during the fall when we are crossing over fiscal year. Report Name: pwt_036_CS_twapmts_invald_slsa
- Invalid account report. Department audit of TWAPMS accounts no longer valid for process. Important during the fall when we are crossing over fiscal year. Report Name: pwt_036_GV_twapmts_invald_slsa
- Invalid account report. Department audit of TWAPMS accounts no longer valid for process. Important during the fall when we are crossing over fiscal year. Report Name: pwt_036_HC_twapmts_invald_slsa
Assistantship NR Waiver Reports
After TWAPMTS opens, daily audit reports are available for departments to review eligibility of assistantship waivers they have entered in TWAPMTS. These reports are updated nightly with BPP and Compass information. The final reports will be generated immediately following the close of TWAPMTS.
- College report that includes students in a specific college who have a non-resident waiver for the current term and are NOT eligible for the waiver. SBS encourages departments to review this report and resolve any ineligibility issues if possible or remove the waiver if the department determines that the student is not eligible. Report Name: pwt_029_xx_waiv_assist_NotElig
- College report that includes students in a specific college who have a non-resident waiver for the current term, meet all requirements of the assistantship audit and appear to be eligible for the waiver. SBS encourages departments to use this report to review their students and verify eligibility. Report Name: pwt_029_xx_waiv_assist_Review
TWAPMTS reports in ePrint are delivered in .csv format. To make the data more usable after opening the report in Excel, you will need to perform a "Text to Columns" function. We have created Procedures for Text to Columns on ePrint Reports to assist you with this function.
It is recommended that the Transaction Batch reports be used to audit the following:
- Verify that students with assistantship waivers only have the waiver processed if they have the residency codes P, I, N or K.
- Verify that students with assistantship waivers only have the waiver processed if that the employee is registered at least 9 hours for fall/spring semesters or 3 hours if registered for a summer 5 week session 3 and 6 hours if registered for a 10 week summer session.
- If the contract payment requires full time registration Undergraduates students should be enrolled at least 12 hours and Graduate students must be enrolled at least at least 9 hours for fall/spring semesters or 3 hours if registered for a summer 5 week session 3 and 6 hours if registered for a 10 week summer session.
- Review student amount and balance columns for discrepancies. Example: if you are expecting 9 hour GA tuition payment to be $2038.95 and it is less there may be a multiple contract issue or a problem with the student contract payment.
- Verify that the correct object code was used based on the student classification.
- Verify that you have used the correct account to pay the student tuition/fees.
The recommended use for the Invalid Account Report:
- Monitor accounts that my no longer be active in FAMIS.
- Contact FMO if an account needs to be reactivated.
- If the account is no longer valid for the term change the account for the student payment.
Questions regarding TWAPMTS can be sent to email@example.com.